girl scouts are letting in trans girls and letting girls replace God with whatever they want in the pledge, also they use cookie income to support abortion and LGBT agendas
boy scouts are just now allowing gay scouts in, officially in january, but gay leaders are still banned and they’re talking about segregation on camping trips, with gay scouts and straight scouts in different tents. also they still ban atheists,
girl scouts: 10000 boy scouts: 0
repeat after me:
- virginity is a social construct
- you don’t lose your virginity
- there’s nothing valuable or precious about virginity, it’s an imaginary concept
- virginity is inherently heterocentric
- your worth is not defined by whether or not you’ve had a dick inside you
- what you define as sex is up to you, you get to decide how many people you’ve had sex with
- the end
Heed these words. This is gold.
What’s happening in Hong Kong?
- The protests are being held in order to achieve universal suffrage in Hong Kong. Although democracy had been promised for 2017 in 2008, China announced this August that Hong Kong people would only be able to vote from a pool of 2-3 specially selected candidates (all of whom would definitely have pro-China sentiments)
- University students held a week-long boycott of classes to protest for true democracy in Hong Kong
- Today riot police were deployed against peaceful protesters. Equipped in full riot gear the police used pepper spray to deter the protesters, mainly students and youths but also some elderly people have reported being sprayed point blank
- It is estimated that over 50,000 people have joined the protest and this number continues to grow
- This is the largest political protest in Hong Kong since our independence from the UK in 1997
- Although the protests remain peaceful, police have now started to use tear gas and have brought out long guns loaded with rubber bullets (there hasn’t yet been a report of any bullets being shot)
- Over 80 arrests have been made including students as young as 16 for taking part in these protests
- They are cutting cell phone receptions in the protest area so that people can’t share any information
- Violence is increasing as police continue to instigate protesters
- All this comes right before the October 1st celebration of the 65th anniversary of founding of the People’s Republic of China
- There are rumours that the PLA (the Chinese army) are going to be brought into the city tonight
More facts about Hong Kong:
- We run under a one country, two systems policy with China meaning that we are part of China but have our own government and laws.
- Protests for universal suffrage have been held throughout the summer but these are the biggest yet
- Anti-China and anti-government sentiments are at their highest levels yet. Survey results showed that 1 in 5 people are thinking of emigrating from the city.
- In June, China issued a white paper essentially telling Hong Kong to remember their place and re-asserting their authority over the city
The scenes from the protest look awful. In my 17 years in Hong Kong I’ve never seen anything like it. The world needs to know about this and say something before we get a recurrence of the Tiananmen Square massacre.
I hope everyone stays safe. Hong Kong stay strong.
Signal boost. I still have family that live there and I’m worried for their safety
A - If I’m in love.
No. I’ve been close but not yet.
V - 3 big dreams.
- Get my PhD
- Make an important change in the world of public health
- Have a baby
(R I answered just before this one)
R - For me to tell 10 of my curiosities.
- What people think of me upon first glance (and without hearing my voice/personality)
- How I would live my life differently as a cis het man
- What my life would be like had I not attended UC Davis
- How moving introns around in a genome affects organisms
- How the widespread infection of wolbachia in insects began
- What my new volunteers will think of me tomorrow
- What my future holds career-wise
- If I’ll get the chance to fall in love
- Why I pass out so much (vasovagal syncope)
- The benefits of prayer
S - 2 habits.
- Staging entire conversations in my head that either could have gone differently or that I’d like to have with someone
- Not reaching out to my friends enough
Thanks, Brad! Come to Davis next weekend!
bed in fall
brumble of a dreamsedge
waves realer than a cupped hand
(hint: the shell is dead)
velvet thunder of underwater kissing
a twist and ground to oilybrims
shimmering turquoise throat
twigs crusty with vega-hued dewgems
a tiny wind billows on through me
lung ridges. you’re inflating me as you breathe
upsetting grumpysodden leaves
rippling. skin heated to beyond-soup temperatures
whirling marine green